NOS 2022 Registration Info and Instructions
Please Read All!
This year, NOS will be an indoor and outdoor event on May 21 & 22. For more info contact email@example.com.
Artists must live, work, create art in Newton (including current art classes, live or zoom), or belong to a Newton fine art organization.
Artists volunteer for 2 to 4 hours to help NOS happen.
Artists supply their own displays.
Artists are responsible for their own insurance.
You must secure your location before registering. If you need to find a host, Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , Subject Line: I need a location. Include an image of your work (or artist website address) and your medium.
Early-bird Registration, $150, through April 22 (11:59pm)
Regular Registration, $175, April 23 through May 6.
There will be no cancellation-of-NOS refunds.
Important Differences in the registration process, on this new website
- Once you hit the submit button, you will NOT be able to reenter your registration to make changes.
- PLEASE check all your entries carefully before submitting. If you need help or must make changes you may contact email@example.com
- The Registration will ask you more than once for some info. This is because it’s built on “plugins” that are using the same info for different tasks, and each plugin requires it’s own dedicated entry-field. This includes needing to upload one of your images twice — once for the artist lists, and once for your artist page.
Prepare ahead, to be able to register at one sitting
- Copy your images, resize and rename — see IMAGE REQUIREMENTS below
- Prepare your statement in a text editor, so you can copy and paste
- If you are in a group, prepare a list of the artists at your location, and paste it into the bottom of the SAME field as your artist statement. Please use this format for the artist list:
ARTISTS AT THIS LOCATION:
Jane Smith, Tim Green, John Painter, etc.
- If you are a Host — have a group name ready
- There is a field for listing extended hours, Demos/special events, AND any Covid instructions your group may be asking of visitors, such as masking: Prepare text for this field.
- It is possible to stop in the middle of registration, get a link to reenter the registration, and finish later, but MANY artists have told us they have trouble with this.
NOTE: COPY your mage and make required changes to the COPY, not your original!!!
- You can upload 6 images for your artist page
- File must be 2 MB or less in size — Oversize Files are the MOST COMMON cause of registration failure!!! Double Check your file sizes.
- Image Should be close to 1200 pixels in the LARGER dimension.
- File must be jpg or jpeg.
- File name Format: include last and first name: VanGogh_Vincent-01.jpg , VanGogh_Vincent-02.jpg
- NO quote marks, commas, question marks, copyright, ampersands, or spaces in file names. NO periods, except at suffix: .jpg
- Crop Photos of 2-D art so that only the artwork shows (no frames, easels, etc.).
- NOS reserves the right to reject any images it deems inappropriate for the website.
When You’re Finished
We’ll check your payment, review your registration, and then post your page to the website. This may take a day or two.